This consent form is for participation in tests designed to detect asymptomatic coronavirus cases. Anyone experiencing symptoms should follow government guidelines to self-isolate, even if they have had a recent negative lateral flow test.
Terms of consent
1. I have had the opportunity to consider the information provided by the school, ask questions (which have been answered satisfactorily) and have been issued with a copy of the Privacy Notice.
2. I consent to having a nose and throat swab for lateral flow tests. I will self-swab and I understand that assistance is available.
3. I understand that there may be multiple tests required and this consent covers all tests for the person named below. If, on the day of testing I do not wish to take part, then I understand I will not be made to do so and that consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
4. I consent to be tested for the presence of COVID-19.
5. If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I consent to having a nose and throat swab for confirmatory PCR testing. I will follow the instructions on the PCR Kit to return the test the same day to an NHS Test & Trace laboratory.
6. If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I commit to ensuring that I will leave the school premises as promptly as possible, bearing in mind I may have some anxiety following a positive test result.
7. I consent that I will need to self-isolate following a positive lateral flow test result, until the results of the confirmatory PCR have been received.
8. I agree that if my test results are confirmed to be positive from this PCR test, I will report this to the Head of School and I understand that I will be required to self-isolate following public health advice.
9. I consent that if a close contact of mine tests positive but I have tested negative, I will continue to attend school but will be tested every day at school for 7 days.