School Sports Partnership
Tonbridge & West Kent School Sports Partnership
We believe that participation in high quality PE and Sport is valuable in its own right because of the specific educational outcomes and the personal, social and health benefits. It is also a very effective means of engaging young people in their broader learning, by raising aspirations, providing motivation and promoting behaviours that lead to higher levels of attainment across the full range of school subjects.
Because of this, we have the vision “to provide every child with equal access to high quality PE, School Sport opportunities and Physical Activity programmes that are inclusive, safe, challenging, progressive and enjoyable.”
We believe that these opportunities should:
- Have clear education value
- Be inclusive and easily accessible to all children
- Encourage aspiration and achievement
- Inspire and motivate
- Provide a varied array of activities
- Value participation regardless of ability
- Encourage and support progression to higher levels of performance as appropriate
- Provide opportunities for competition and various levels
- Encourage positive personal and social values such as teamwork, self-esteem and self-awareness
- Promote responsibility as a citizen and develop leadership
Our School Sport Partnership provides a range of CPD and support services to enrich your schools current PE and School Sport provision. We have earned a great reputation and constantly strive to improve on the service we deliver. We currently work with 75 schools across Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells and Cranbrook supporting these schools in a number of ways that is appropriate and applicable to them.
Check out our newsletters attached below to keep up to date with the latest news from the SSP.
For further information relating to the School Sport Partnership please explore the various tabs to the right to navigate through our different programmes. You can also contact us at: email@example.com
Keep up to date with us on social media by following our Twitter feed: @TWKSSP
Director of School Sport Partnership