Things to do over the Summer
As a school we realise that it is a big jump from primary school to secondary school and with the current lockdown measure this has probably felt a little more daunting. Please relax and know that we are busy working on plans to make sure you settle into your new school, make excellent progress with your learning and make friends with others.
Things you could be doing over the Summer:
- Check and plan your route to school
- Purchasing school uniform
- Hopefully you have now received your transition pack and had time to look through it.
Summer Project Booklet
In particular we have included a Summer Project Booklet, which has a variety of activities to help us get to know each other as well as a range of tasks to for you to complete for example a book review. In the preparing for September booklet as well as lots of information about the school day you will find information about each subject with a range of activities to try over the summer.
- We would really love for you to find time over the summer to read The Crossover that we have sent you. Reading is an important part of your school journey, we hope you enjoy this book
- An ‘I couldn’t wait to tell you…’ postcard, for you to send to Mr Upton telling him about how you’ve been spending the summer and any questions or concerns you might have
- Pride stickers- the pride values underpin everything we do, so it will be nice for you to start showing these values over the summer and gaining stickers for your wall chart at home.