2020 Taster Days
Discover student life at The Hayesbrook School
Choosing the right secondary school for your son is a big decision. It’s a decision we all want to get right, to ensure your child, our student, is happy and content at school so they can achieve and be the best they can be.
We believe the best way for families to discover more about student life at The Hayesbrook School is to invite parents and children to sample our education offering. If you have a son in Year 5, we would like to invite them to our school for a ‘Taster Day’.
The day is a great way for potential students to experience The Hayesbrook School first-hand. The day, which starts at 9:30am and finishes at 1:30pm, allows children to see for themselves what a school day at The Hayesbrook School has to offer and see if it’s a good fit for them.
Explore and get a real sense of secondary school life
The day is planned to give our year 5 visitors a real sense of secondary school life. Coming to a ‘Taster Day’ allows students to experience a ‘day in the life’ at The Hayesbrook School. Students are given a timetable, where they explore the school, visiting specialist departments getting an insight into a few of the many new subjects they will study.
What they can expect
It’s import for us to share with our year 5 visitors, what they can expect on their journey into secondary. To do this, they will meet with some of our current year 7 students, who will share their positive experience about becoming a student at The Hayesbrook School.
It’s important for parents and carers to visit too
We also want to encourage parents and carers to come along to one of our Open Events, so you can get a feel for our school, meet with our students, teachers and support staff too.
What they will experience
Our Year 5 visitors will take part in a variety of lessons, orientation tasks, meet teaching staff and students, all whilst having fun and making new friends.
Each day starts at 09:30am and finishes at 1:30pm
- Tuesday 30 June
- Wednesday 1 July
- Friday 3 July
- Friday 10 July
Note: To register your son's attendance at one of our Taster Days, please complete the online booking form. .
Taster Day booking form
Click here to complete the online Taster Day booking form.
Note: This year we have opened up our booking for Years 5 student Taster Days to parents and carers to book directly with the school. This is to ensure that all prospective families have the opportunity to sample our education offering.
Find out more
Hopefully below we have answered any questions you may have, but if you want to know more please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01732 500600. We know that deciding your next step for your son is a big decision.
What time does the ‘Taster Day’ start and where do we need to go?
- Please arrive with your child(ren) between 9:20am and 9:25am at the school’s reception
- You will be greeted by the Daniel Hatley, Executive Principal, together with members of senior leadership team and pastoral support
- Please complete the registration sheet for your child.
On the day, are we expected to stay with our son?
- The day is designed as an independent experience for your son. This allows them to familiarise themselves with the environment and see if The Hayesbrook School is a good fit for them
- The focus of the day is to build your son’s confidence, through providing a positive experience to reassure them about their next step into secondary education
- 9:30am Your child will be introduced to teaching staff and begin their school day at The Hayesbrook School
- 12.30pm Your child will have lunch whilst getting to know other pupils – please provide a packed lunch for your son. During morning break we will provide a snack and a drink
- 1:30pm Your child will be ready to be collected from the school hall and share their experience with you
- Parents/carers will be asked to complete a sign-out form.
Will my child need to bring a packed lunch?
- 12.30 Your son will have lunch whilst getting to know other pupils in the school’s restaurant, please provide them with a packed lunch.
What should my child wear for the Taster Day?
- Students attending the day are required to wear their school uniform.
What time does the day finish and where do I collect my son?
- 1:30pm Students can be collected from the school hall. As parents/carers arrive they will be directed and asked to complete a sign-out form.
On the day, can I park in the school car park?
- On the ‘Taster Day’ access will be given to park for drop-off and collection.
What will my child need to bring?
- A packed lunch.
Will there be an opportunity for parents and carers to tour the school?
- We invite parents, carers and children to come along to an Open Event . It’s important for families to explore and discover what The Hayesbrook School has to offer in order to make that important next step decision.