Sixth Form Results 2018
It is our pleasure to share our students’ achievements after receiving the first set of examination results for this summer. We are once again extremely proud of a 100% pass rate in the technical and applied general courses Business Studies, ICT and Sport Science. Initial figures indicate excellent achievements in the A Level courses with an overall pass rate of over 90% and 100% pass rates in Geography and Maths.
The Hayesbrook School is driven to ensure that all students go on to the university or career of their choice and at the time of going to press all students, completing their sixth form studies at the academy this summer have achieved the grades they need to take up their university, apprenticeship or employment offers. Some of the destinations students are moving on to include University in Aberdeen, Loughborough, Newcastle, Bristol, Kent, Greenwich, Westminster, Leicester, Nottingham, Canterbury, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Leeds. Courses students will be reading include Marine Biology, Aerospace Engineering, Finance and Accountancy, History and Politics, Business Management and Sport Therapy. There are also students who have secured apprenticeships and will be joining industries including Digital Marketing, Finance and Business Administration. One student has secured a place majoring in Sports Performance at Briar Cliff University in Iowa, USA.
As well as key individual successes the overall grades indicate that 57% were A*-C grades and an impressive 32% of grades were A*, A or B. This includes the achievement of those studying applied and technical qualifications where 94% of grades were Distinction/* or Merit and the average grading Distinction. This is a highly commendable achievement.
Amongst other outstanding results the academy congratulates the following students whose portfolio achievement includes:
- George Vasileiadis 3 x A grades and in addition an impressive 2 x A grade at Advanced Subsidiary Further Maths and Biology
- Dominic Winslade 3 x Distinction* and 1 X C grade
- Harry Brown 2 x Distinction* and 1 x Distinction
- Samuel Dunster 1x Distinction *, 2 x Distinction, 1x C grade
- James McDougal 1 X B and 3 X C grades
- Riyaadh Mahebub and Callum Strachan achieved 3 x Distinction/*
- Jack Noble 1 x A*,1xB and 2x Distinction/* grades
- Jake Pinnell 3 x A, 1 X B Grades
- Omar Malik 2 x A grade, 1 X B and 1 x C
- Scott Hudson 1 x Distinction, 1 x B and 1 X C grades
- Connor Eager 1 x Distinction, 2 X Merit grades
- Harvey Killick, Sam Fuller and Harrison Shadforth who all celebrate 2 x Distinction/*, 1 X Merit grades
- Harry Hodgson and George Seal who both achieved 3 x Merit/Distinction grades.
Daniel Hatley, Principal, said: “I am extremely proud of what our brilliant students have achieved. Their successes are very well deserved. At Hayesbrook we are always focused on ensuring students access the career or university of their choice and I am so pleased that so many of them will be moving on to this and that their time at Hayesbrook has helped them to secure such bright futures. This year’s outcomes are even more pleasing given the revised assessment model in many courses which aimed to ensure greater rigour and challenge. The results are also a testament to the hard work and dedication of the staff at The Hayesbrook School as well as the support of our students’ families. We are extremely pleased for them all and look forward to hearing about their continued successes as they leave us to start the next stage of their lives”.