Chelsea FC Foundation Football Programme
Chelsea FC Foundation invites Kent’s most talented football players, both male and female, with the opportunity to be a part of a full-time football programme, whilst studying for their chosen profession here at The Hayesbrook School Sixth Form.
The football element, which is run by Chelsea FC Foundation, is a performance-based programme that aims to develop students wanting to take the next step in their football career.
Attend a trial
So if football is your passion and you’re willing to put in the work and you want to make a career of it, the Chelsea FC Foundation Programme offers a unique opportunity for you to combine your academic studies and train like a pro with UEFA certified coaches.
- Monday 25 November 2019, 5pm – 7pm
- Tuesday 18 February 2020, 4:30pm – 6:30pm
- Tuesday 07 April 2020, 4:30pm – 6:30pm
Venue: The Hayesbrook School Sports Ground, Brook Street, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 2PH
Note: You must apply via the online form in order to trial.
Trial Booking Form
Click here to complete the online trial booking form.
Note: applying for a football trial is a separate process to applying for your chosen academic course. You must also apply to The Hayesbrook School Sixth Form in order to enroll click here to apply.
Find out more
Hopefully below we have answered any questions you may have, but if you want to know more please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 01732 500600. We know that deciding your next step is a big decision.
How do I prepare for the trial?
A football trial can be compared to a job interview, we need to see that you are serious about taking that next step in your football career.
Bring with you:
- Full training kit, including shin pads
- The first part of the trial will take place outside on the school’s 3G pitch – suitable for football boots
- The trial will consist of a variety of matches
- We advise you bring a water bottle
- The second part of the trial will take place indoors, where you will be given further information about the programme, the pathways available and the application process
- There will be shower and changing room facilities available for you to use.
Parents/carers are welcome to stay and watch.
What is the course outline?
- A full time programme (two years) of football and education for students to start in September 2020
- 9 hours per week of structured coaching from UEFA Licenced Coaches from Chelsea FC Foundation
- Access to training facilities, including a ‘state of the art’ third generation all weather pitch and gym
- Regular mentoring on academic and football progress
- Full time academic study
- Opportunity to gain extra coaching and fitness instructor qualifications
- Represent the school in midweek league fixtures
- Compete in the Chelsea Under 19 Cup competition.
What are the study options?
We always work to meet the needs of our applicants and so the subjects that we offer will often change from year to year. We offer level 3 BTECs in Business Studies, Digital Creative Media, Information Technology and Medical Science. We offer a variety of traditional A Levels including Geography, English Literature, History, Mathematics and Product Design. We offer a level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma in Sport and Physical Activity. In addition we offer GCSE maths and English re-sits.
Please note: some subjects may clash with the football programme training provision, where this occurs we will look at the study programme on an individual basis.
What are the entry requirements?
- Students must meet the academic requirements of The Hayesbrook School Sixth Form, the minimum entry is a grade 4 in both GCSE English and maths, and three other qualifications at grade 4 or above (or equivalent)
- Provide a reference from the Head of PE at your current school
- Complete a both successful football trial and interview with the Chelsea FC Foundation lead coach and a member of the Sixth Form Leadership Team.
What kind of students are you looking for?
- We are looking for young men and women with aptitude, enthusiasm, intelligence and drive to make the most of every opportunity, every day
- Commitment to both the football programme and academic studies
- Attendance at all training sessions and school games.