Residential Trips and Visits
The Hayesbrook School understands that activities outside of the classroom enhance learning and we offer a broad range of residential trip opportunities as well as departmental excursions and our very popular 'End of Year Activity Day'.
Trip List 2014 - 15:
- Year 7 trip to Battle and Hastings (joint History and Geography trip)
- Year 7 outdoor activity trip to Bude, Cornwall (5 day residential)
- Year 8 trip to Reculver (Geography trip to examine coastal environments)
- Year 10 trip to Dover Castle (GCSE History trip)
- Year 11 trip to Kingswood Study Centre in north Norfolk. (GCSE Geography)
- Year 10 and 11 trip to 'Science Live' in London (GCSE Science)
- Year 10 trip to Thorpe Park (GCSE Business Studies)
- Year 11 performing arts trip to see Blood Brothers, Tunbridge Wells
- KS3 Day trip to Boulogne to visit the Nausicaa Seal Life Centre and Chocolats de Beussent
- KS4 Art trip to Tate Modern Gallery, London
- KS4 trip to SACRE Youth meeting (GCSE Philosophy and Religion)
- French Exchange with college Emile Zola in Fouqueieres (near Lilles)
- Spanish cultural exchange
- Visit to Kent Cricket Ground at Canterbury
- Ski trip to Sportwelt, Amade, Austria (7 day residential)
- Year 12 Science trip to Pfizer Laboratories, Sandwich.
End of Year Activity Day
The End of Year Activity Day is part of the celebration for all the hard work achieved over the year. In 2014/15 students chose from the following options: Trip to the Somme battlegrounds, Hastings, Globe Theatre, Thorpe Park, paintballing, Chatham historic dockyard, fishing at Haysden lake, circus workshop, rapping workshop and finally, pottery and woodwork sessions.